Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tanger Factory Outlet Centers as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SKT has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $19.6 million.
- SKT is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SKT has a PE ratio of 44.1.
- SKT is mentioned 0.71 times per day on StockTwits.
- SKT has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SKT is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SKT is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SKT is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SKT is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SKT with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SKT NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SKT:
Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. is a real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets in United States. It focuses on developing, acquiring, owning, operating, and managing outlet shopping centers. Tanger Factory Outlet Centers, Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. SKT has a PE ratio of 44.1. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Tanger Factory Outlet Centers a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tanger Factory Outlet Centers has been 796,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tanger Factory Outlet Centers has a market cap of $3.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.31 and a short float of 4.4% with 5.64 days to cover. Shares are up 12.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Tanger Factory Outlet Centers as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, increase in stock price during the past year and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and feeble growth in the company's earnings per share.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SKT's revenue growth trails the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 0.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to where it was 12 months ago, the stock is up, but it has so far lagged the appreciation in the S&P 500. Despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year, there is currently no conclusive evidence that warrants the purchase or sale of this stock.
- TANGER FACTORY OUTLET CTRS has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, TANGER FACTORY OUTLET CTRS increased its bottom line by earning $1.13 versus $0.56 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 28.3% in earnings ($0.81 versus $1.13).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 56.8% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $53.29 million to $23.00 million.
- You can view the full Tanger Factory Outlet Centers Ratings Report.