Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tahoe Resources as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TAHO has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.6 million.
- TAHO has traded 235,979 shares today.
- TAHO is trading at 4.91 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- TAHO is trading at a new high 5.06% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TAHO with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TAHO NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TAHO:
Tahoe Resources Inc., together with its subsidiaries, explores for and produces precious metals in the Americas. The company primarily produces silver, as well as gold, lead, and zinc. Its principal project is the Escobal project located in Southeast Guatemala. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.7%. TAHO has a PE ratio of 28. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Tahoe Resources a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Tahoe Resources has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tahoe has a market cap of $2.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 36.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Tahoe Resources as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, unimpressive growth in net income and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 46.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 94.85% to $34.45 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TAHOE RESOURCES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -54.64%.
- TAHO's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.03 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.99 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed against the S&P 500 and did not exceed that of the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 125.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $36.11 million to -$9.34 million.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 57.42%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 116.66% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Although its share price is down sharply from a year ago, do not assume that it can now be tagged as cheap and attractive. The reality is that, based on its current price in relation to its earnings, TAHO is still more expensive than most of the other companies in its industry.
- You can view the full Tahoe Resources Ratings Report.