Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tableau Software as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DATA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $112.0 million.
- DATA has traded 114,393 shares today.
- DATA is trading at 3.27 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DATA is trading at a new high 4.03% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DATA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DATA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DATA:
Tableau Software, Inc. provides various business analytics software products in the United States, Canada, and internationally. DATA has a PE ratio of 531.7. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Tableau Software a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tableau Software has been 1.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Tableau Software has a market cap of $3.3 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.75 and a short float of 15.4% with 4.12 days to cover. Shares are up 17.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Tableau Software as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, unimpressive growth in net income and premium valuation.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 110.0% in earnings (-$0.02 versus $0.15).
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 77.6% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from -$2.58 million to -$4.57 million.
- The gross profit margin for TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC is currently very high, coming in at 93.80%. Regardless of DATA's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DATA's net profit margin of -5.04% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, TABLEAU SOFTWARE INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Tableau Software Ratings Report.