Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of A+. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins, good cash flow from operations and impressive record of earnings per share growth. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Capital Markets industry and the overall market, PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of the industry average and is above that of the S&P 500.
- 48.30% is the gross profit margin for PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 29.65% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 72.83% to $459.40 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -303.26%.
- PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP has improved earnings per share by 21.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, PRICE (T. ROWE) GROUP increased its bottom line by earning $3.36 versus $2.92 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.87 versus $3.36).
T. Rowe Price Group, Inc. is a publicly owned asset management holding company. The firm primarily provides its services to individual and institutional investors, retirement plans, and financial intermediaries. T. Rowe Price Group has a market cap of $18.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 21.00, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 18.00. Shares are up 10.7% year to date as of the close of trading on Friday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
STOCKS TO BUY: TheStreet Quant Ratings has identified a handful of stocks that can potentially TRIPLE in the next 12-months. Learn more.