Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified T-Mobile US as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TMUS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $152.1 million.
- TMUS traded 30,164 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:57 AM.
- TMUS is up 3.1% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TMUS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TMUS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TMUS:
T-Mobile US, Inc. provides mobile communications services under the T-Mobile, MetroPCS, and GoSmart brands in the United States, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands. It offers postpaid and prepaid wireless voice, messaging and data services, and wholesale wireless services. TMUS has a PE ratio of 134.6. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate T-Mobile US a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for T-Mobile US has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. T-Mobile US has a market cap of $22.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. The stock has a beta of 0.89 and a short float of 5.1% with 2.57 days to cover. Shares are down 16.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates T-Mobile US as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income and robust revenue growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company has favored debt over equity in the management of its balance sheet.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- T-MOBILE US INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.31 versus -$0.10).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. The net income increased by 2543.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$16.00 million to $391.00 million.
- In its most recent trading session, TMUS has closed at a price level that was not very different from its closing price of one year earlier. This is probably due to its weak earnings growth as well as other mixed factors.
- Compared to other companies in the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, T-MOBILE US INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- Despite the current debt-to-equity ratio of 1.58, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Wireless Telecommunication Services industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 1.01 is sturdy.
- You can view the full T-Mobile US Ratings Report.