Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Synchronoss Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNCR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $36.0 million.
- SNCR has traded 205,575 shares today.
- SNCR is down 3.4% today.
- SNCR was up 11.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNCR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNCR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SNCR:
Synchronoss Technologies, Inc. provides cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices worldwide. SNCR has a PE ratio of 53.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Synchronoss Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Synchronoss Technologies has been 502,500 shares per day over the past 30 days. Synchronoss has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of 2.44 and a short float of 9.2% with 3.76 days to cover. Shares are up 67.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Synchronoss Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry. The net income increased by 145.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $3.41 million to $8.37 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 25.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SNCR's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 2.98, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 69.12% to $30.61 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, SYNCHRONOSS TECHNOLOGIES has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.20%.
- You can view the full Synchronoss Technologies Ratings Report.