Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Symetra Financial as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SYA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $8.3 million.
- SYA has traded 1,125 shares today.
- SYA is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SYA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SYA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SYA:
Symetra Financial Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides products and services that serve the retirement, employee benefits, and life insurance markets in the United States and the District of Columbia. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.8%. SYA has a PE ratio of 10.1. Currently there are no analysts that rate Symetra Financial a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Symetra Financial has been 374,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Symetra Financial has a market cap of $2.6 billion and is part of the financial sector and insurance industry. The stock has a beta of 1.56 and a short float of 2.4% with 5.56 days to cover. Shares are up 20.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Symetra Financial as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 82.35% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 25.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SYA should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SYMETRA FINANCIAL CORP increased its bottom line by earning $1.75 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.90 versus $1.75).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Insurance industry. The net income increased by 58.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $45.00 million to $71.50 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SYA's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.13 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- You can view the full Symetra Financial Ratings Report.