Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Susquehanna as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SUSQ has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.2 million.
- SUSQ traded 489,567 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:47 AM, representing 43.4% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUSQ with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUSQ NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SUSQ:
Susquehanna Bancshares, Inc. operates as the bank holding company for Susquehanna Bank that provides a range of retail and commercial banking, and financial products and services in the mid-Atlantic region. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. SUSQ has a PE ratio of 11.8. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Susquehanna a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Susquehanna has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Susquehanna has a market cap of $1.8 billion and is part of the financial sector and banking industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 2.5% with 4.04 days to cover. Shares are down 22.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Susquehanna as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its attractive valuation levels and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for SUSQUEHANNA BANCSHARES INC is currently very high, coming in at 83.39%. Regardless of SUSQ's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, SUSQ's net profit margin of 16.21% is significantly lower than the industry average.
- SUSQ, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 0.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.9%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- SUSQUEHANNA BANCSHARES INC's earnings per share declined by 25.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SUSQUEHANNA BANCSHARES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.93 versus $0.77 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 16.1% in earnings ($0.78 versus $0.93).
- Reflecting the weaknesses we have cited, including the decline in the company's earnings per share, SUSQ has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 17.61% from its price level of one year ago. Turning toward the future, the fact that the stock has come down in price over the past year should not necessarily be interpreted as a negative; it is one of the factors that makes this stock an attractive investment.
- You can view the full Susquehanna Ratings Report.