Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Supernus Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SUPN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.2 million.
- SUPN has traded 111.5520000000000067075234255753457546234130859375 options contracts today.
- SUPN is making at least a new 3-day high.
- SUPN has a PE ratio of 63.
- SUPN is mentioned 2.00 times per day on StockTwits.
- SUPN has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- SUPN is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- SUPN is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- SUPN is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- SUPN is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SUPN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SUPN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SUPN:
Supernus Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a specialty pharmaceutical company, focuses on the development and commercialization of products for the treatment of central nervous system diseases in the United States. SUPN has a PE ratio of 63. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Supernus Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Supernus Pharmaceuticals has been 550,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Supernus has a market cap of $1.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 1.45 and a short float of 7.2% with 8.06 days to cover. Shares are up 59% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Supernus Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, growth in earnings per share, increase in net income and expanding profit margins. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SUPN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 14.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 53.1%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SUPN's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.04 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.40, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- SUPERNUS PHARMACEUTICALS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SUPERNUS PHARMACEUTICALS INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.27 versus $0.19 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.64 versus $0.27).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 443.8% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.92 million to $4.99 million.
- The gross profit margin for SUPERNUS PHARMACEUTICALS INC is currently very high, coming in at 96.27%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 11.57% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Supernus Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.