Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified United States Steel as such a stock due to the following factors:
- X has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $251.1 million.
- X traded 18,238 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:41 AM.
- X is up 8.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in X with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for X NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on X:
United States Steel Corporation produces and sells flat-rolled and tubular steel products in North America and Europe. The company operates in three segments: Flat-Rolled Products (Flat-Rolled), U. S. Steel Europe (USSE), and Tubular Products (Tubular). The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. X has a PE ratio of 29.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate United States Steel a buy, 3 analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for United States Steel has been 7.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United States has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. The stock has a beta of 0.97 and a short float of 26.3% with 3.88 days to cover. Shares are down 20.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates United States Steel as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and impressive record of earnings per share growth. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, weak operating cash flow and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- X's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 4.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.0%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income increased by 88.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1,791.00 million to -$207.00 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, UNITED STATES STEEL CORP's return on equity has significantly outperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$106.00 million or 386.48% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- X has underperformed the S&P 500 Index, declining 15.63% from its price level of one year ago. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- You can view the full United States Steel Ratings Report.