Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified United Parcel Service as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UPS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $233.0 million.
- UPS traded 42,454 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:26 AM.
- UPS is up 2.5% today from Friday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UPS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UPS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UPS:
United Parcel Service, Inc., a package delivery company, provides transportation, logistics, and financial services in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: U.S. Domestic Package, International Package, and Supply Chain & Freight. The U.S. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3%. UPS has a PE ratio of 29. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate United Parcel Service a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 11 rate it a hold.
The average volume for United Parcel Service has been 3.0 million shares per day over the past 30 days. United Parcel Service has a market cap of $68.7 billion and is part of the services sector and transportation industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 1.4% with 4.20 days to cover. Shares are down 12.5% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates United Parcel Service as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, notable return on equity, good cash flow from operations, increase in net income and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- UPS's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 0.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 1.4%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Air Freight & Logistics industry and the overall market, UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Air Freight & Logistics industry. The net income increased by 12.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $911.00 million to $1,026.00 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $2,751.00 million or 21.34% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC has also modestly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 13.96%.
- UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC has improved earnings per share by 14.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, UNITED PARCEL SERVICE INC reported lower earnings of $3.28 versus $4.62 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.19 versus $3.28).
- You can view the full United Parcel Service Ratings Report.