Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Micron Technology as such a stock due to the following factors:
- MU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $319.9 million.
- MU traded 18,945 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:34 AM.
- MU is up 3.2% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in MU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for MU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on MU:
Micron Technology, Inc. provides semiconductor systems worldwide. It operates in four segments: Compute and Networking Business Unit, Mobile Business Unit, Storage Business Unit, and Embedded Business Unit. MU has a PE ratio of 12. Currently there are 14 analysts that rate Micron Technology a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Micron Technology has been 24.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Micron Technology has a market cap of $12.0 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 5.7% with 2.55 days to cover. Shares are down 15.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Micron Technology as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its reasonable valuation levels, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- 46.11% is the gross profit margin for MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of MU's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MU's net profit margin of -3.30% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. In comparison to the other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market, MICRON TECHNOLOGY INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $763.00 million or 39.00% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- You can view the full Micron Technology Ratings Report.