Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified DigitalGlobe as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DGI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $18.5 million.
- DGI has traded 231,502 shares today.
- DGI is trading at 7.09 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- DGI is trading at a new high 3.07% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DGI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DGI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DGI:
DigitalGlobe, Inc. provides imagery and imagery information products and services in the United States and internationally. DGI has a PE ratio of 100.5. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate DigitalGlobe a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for DigitalGlobe has been 504,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. DigitalGlobe has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and aerospace/defense industry. The stock has a beta of -0.74 and a short float of 16.4% with 11.40 days to cover. Shares are down 40.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates DigitalGlobe as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Aerospace & Defense industry. The net income increased by 150.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$1.80 million to $0.90 million.
- The gross profit margin for DIGITALGLOBE INC is currently very high, coming in at 73.54%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Regardless of the strong results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 0.58% trails the industry average.
- DIGITALGLOBE INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, DIGITALGLOBE INC swung to a loss, reporting -$1.12 versus $0.83 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.07 versus -$1.12).
- DGI's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 33.97%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $47.40 million or 36.20% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full DigitalGlobe Ratings Report.