Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Chart Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- GTLS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.8 million.
- GTLS has traded 53,126 shares today.
- GTLS is trading at 2.12 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- GTLS is trading at a new high 5.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in GTLS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for GTLS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on GTLS:
Chart Industries, Inc. manufactures and sells engineered equipment for the industrial gas, energy, and biomedical industries worldwide. The company operates in three segments: Energy & Chemicals (E&C), Distribution & Storage (D&S), and BioMedical. GTLS has a PE ratio of 11. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Chart Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Chart Industries has been 513,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Chart has a market cap of $598.1 million and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.01 and a short float of 7.5% with 2.44 days to cover. Shares are down 46.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Chart Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, attractive valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- GTLS's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels.
- Despite the weak revenue results, GTLS has outperformed against the industry average of 20.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 10.1%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for CHART INDUSTRIES INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 28.88%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 1.80% trails that of the industry average.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Machinery industry and the overall market, CHART INDUSTRIES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Chart Industries Ratings Report.