Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified B2Gold as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BTG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.9 million.
- BTG has traded 291,521 shares today.
- BTG is trading at 2.75 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- BTG is trading at a new high 6.54% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BTG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BTG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BTG:
B2Gold Corp., a mid-tier gold mining company, explores and develops mineral properties in Nicaragua, the Philippines, Namibia, Burkina Faso, and Chile. The company principally explores for gold, silver, and copper. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate B2Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for B2Gold has been 4.7 million shares per day over the past 30 days. B2Gold has a market cap of $963.8 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 4.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates B2Gold as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its disappointing return on equity and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, B2GOLD CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- BTG's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 34.12%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- B2GOLD CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, B2GOLD CORP swung to a loss, reporting -$0.84 versus $0.07 in the prior year.
- 36.29% is the gross profit margin for B2GOLD CORP which we consider to be strong. Regardless of BTG's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- Net operating cash flow has slightly increased to $33.91 million or 2.19% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.85%.
- You can view the full B2Gold Ratings Report.