Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Atossa Genetics as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ATOS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.6 million.
- ATOS has traded 276,681 shares today.
- ATOS is trading at 6.86 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- ATOS is trading at a new high 13.27% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ATOS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ATOS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ATOS:
Atossa Genetics, Inc. operates as a healthcare company that focuses on the development and marketing of cellular and molecular diagnostic risk assessment products for breast cancer in the United States. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Atossa Genetics a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Atossa Genetics has been 318,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Atossa has a market cap of $46.2 million and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.43 and a short float of 2.9% with 0.30 days to cover. Shares are down 28% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Atossa Genetics as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to -$2.98 million or 8.72% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, ATOSSA GENETICS INC has marginally lower results.
- ATOS's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 45.00%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Equipment & Supplies industry and the overall market, ATOSSA GENETICS INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- ATOS, with its very weak revenue results, has greatly underperformed against the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues plummeted by 96.0%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- ATOSSA GENETICS INC has improved earnings per share by 40.9% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ATOSSA GENETICS INC reported poor results of -$0.68 versus -$0.44 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings (-$0.50 versus -$0.68).
- You can view the full Atossa Genetics Ratings Report.