Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Agilent Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- A has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $119.2 million.
- A has traded 348,133 shares today.
- A is trading at 4.72 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- A is trading at a new high 4.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in A with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for A NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on A:
Agilent Technologies, Inc. provides bio-analytical solutions and services to the life sciences, diagnostics and genomics, chemical analysis, communications, and electronics industries worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.1%. A has a PE ratio of 21. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Agilent Technologies a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Agilent Technologies has been 2.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Agilent has a market cap of $12.1 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 1.13 and a short float of 0.9% with 0.85 days to cover. Shares are down 15.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Agilent Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including a generally disappointing performance in the stock itself, deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.40, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.12, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The gross profit margin for AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.10%. Regardless of A's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 10.15% trails the industry average.
- The share price of AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC has not done very well: it is down 13.02% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. Looking ahead, other than the push or pull of the broad market, we do not see anything in the company's numbers that may help reverse the decline experienced over the past 12 months. Despite the past decline, the stock is still selling for more than most others in its industry.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Life Sciences Tools & Services industry and the overall market, AGILENT TECHNOLOGIES INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Agilent Technologies Ratings Report.