Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Yamana Gold as such a stock due to the following factors:
- AUY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $20.6 million.
- AUY has traded 2.7 million shares today.
- AUY is trading at 2.64 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- AUY is trading at a new high 5.28% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in AUY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for AUY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on AUY:
Yamana Gold Inc. engages in gold mining and related activities, including exploration, extraction, processing, and reclamation. The company has precious metal properties and land positions in the Americas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Yamana Gold a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Yamana Gold has been 11.9 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Yamana has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are down 60% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Yamana Gold as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its feeble growth in its earnings per share, deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- YAMANA GOLD INC has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern earnings per share over the past two years. During the past fiscal year, YAMANA GOLD INC reported poor results of -$1.35 versus -$0.59 in the prior year.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 254.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $5.10 million to -$7.90 million.
- Return on equity has greatly decreased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of major weakness within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, YAMANA GOLD INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $121.80 million or 17.98% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- Despite any intermediate fluctuations, we have only bad news to report on this stock's performance over the last year: it has tumbled by 75.95%, worse than the S&P 500's performance. Consistent with the plunge in the stock price, the company's earnings per share are down 150.00% compared to the year-earlier quarter. Naturally, the overall market trend is bound to be a significant factor. However, in one sense, the stock's sharp decline last year is a positive for future investors, making it cheaper (in proportion to its earnings over the past year) than most other stocks in its industry. But due to other concerns, we feel the stock is still not a good buy right now.
- You can view the full Yamana Gold Ratings Report.