Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Universal Health Services as such a stock due to the following factors:
- UHS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $74.1 million.
- UHS has traded 84,659 shares today.
- UHS is trading at 3.41 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- UHS is trading at a new high 3.06% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in UHS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for UHS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on UHS:
Universal Health Services, Inc., through its subsidiaries, owns and operates acute care hospitals, behavioral health centers, surgical hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, and radiation oncology centers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. UHS has a PE ratio of 17. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Universal Health Services a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Universal Health Services has been 782,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Universal Health Services has a market cap of $11.5 billion and is part of the health care sector and health services industry. The stock has a beta of 0.85 and a short float of 1.5% with 1.97 days to cover. Shares are down 0.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Universal Health Services as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Health Care Providers & Services industry average. The net income increased by 0.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $172.80 million to $173.75 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The debt-to-equity ratio is somewhat low, currently at 0.81, and is less than that of the industry average, implying that there has been a relatively successful effort in the management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.24, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Health Care Providers & Services industry and the overall market, UNIVERSAL HEALTH SVCS INC's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- UNIVERSAL HEALTH SVCS INC's earnings per share improvement from the most recent quarter was slightly positive. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, UNIVERSAL HEALTH SVCS INC increased its bottom line by earning $6.75 versus $5.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($7.39 versus $6.75).
- You can view the full Universal Health Services Ratings Report.