Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Tallgrass Energy Partners as such a stock due to the following factors:
- TEP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.9 million.
- TEP is making at least a new 3-day high.
- TEP has a PE ratio of 37.3.
- TEP is mentioned 0.74 times per day on StockTwits.
- TEP has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- TEP is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- TEP is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- TEP is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- TEP is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in TEP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for TEP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on TEP:
Tallgrass Energy Partners, LP acquires, owns, develops, and operates various midstream energy assets in North America. The company operates in two segments, Gas Transportation and Storage, and Processing. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. TEP has a PE ratio of 37.3. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Tallgrass Energy Partners a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Tallgrass Energy Partners has been 296,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Tallgrass Energy has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 70.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Tallgrass Energy Partners as a
. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The gross profit margin for TALLGRASS ENERGY PRT LP is rather low; currently it is at 22.41%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the weak results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 21.81% has significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- This stock has increased by 87.35% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, however, we cannot assume that the stock's past performance is going to drive future results. Quite to the contrary, its sharp appreciation over the last year is one of the factors that should prompt investors to seek better opportunities elsewhere.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.39, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Despite the fact that TEP's debt-to-equity ratio is low, the quick ratio, which is currently 0.50, displays a potential problem in covering short-term cash needs.
- In comparison to the other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, TALLGRASS ENERGY PRT LP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 743.70% to $15.35 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, TALLGRASS ENERGY PRT LP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -5.18%.
- You can view the full Tallgrass Energy Partners Ratings Report.