Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Piedmont Office Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- PDM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.9 million.
- PDM is making at least a new 3-day high.
- PDM has a PE ratio of 56.6.
- PDM is mentioned 0.68 times per day on StockTwits.
- PDM has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- PDM is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- PDM is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- PDM is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- PDM is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in PDM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for PDM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on PDM:
Piedmont Office Realty Trust, Inc. engages in the acquisition and ownership of commercial real estate properties in the United States. Its property portfolio primarily consists of office and industrial buildings, warehouses, and manufacturing facilities. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 4.2%. PDM has a PE ratio of 56.6. Currently there are no analysts that rate Piedmont Office Realty a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 6 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Piedmont Office Realty has been 735,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Piedmont Office has a market cap of $3.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.65 and a short float of 12.1% with 12.74 days to cover. Shares are up 15.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Piedmont Office Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, disappointing return on equity and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.9%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 65.3% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $35.36 million to $12.28 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, PIEDMONT OFFICE REALTY TRUST underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Piedmont Office Realty Ratings Report.