Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Ligand Pharmaceuticals as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LGND has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $23.7 million.
- LGND has traded 122.8359999999999985220711096189916133880615234375 options contracts today.
- LGND is making at least a new 3-day high.
- LGND has a PE ratio of 63.
- LGND is mentioned 1.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- LGND has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- LGND is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- LGND is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- LGND is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- LGND is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LGND with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LGND NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LGND:
Ligand Pharmaceuticals Incorporated operates as a biotechnology company in the United States. LGND has a PE ratio of 63. Currently there are 2 analysts that rate Ligand Pharmaceuticals a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Ligand Pharmaceuticals has been 368,700 shares per day over the past 30 days. Ligand has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The stock has a beta of 0.67 and a short float of 25.3% with 16.60 days to cover. Shares are up 82% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Ligand Pharmaceuticals as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, notable return on equity, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and compelling growth in net income. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had generally high debt management risk by most measures that we evaluated.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LGND's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 8.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 73.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 1485.71% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 76.68% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Turning to the future, naturally, any stock can fall in a major bear market. However, in almost any other environment, the stock should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year.
- LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.57 versus $0.42 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($3.45 versus $0.57).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Biotechnology industry. The net income increased by 1381.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $1.59 million to $23.56 million.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, LIGAND PHARMACEUTICAL INC's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Ligand Pharmaceuticals Ratings Report.