Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Delhaize Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- DEG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $2.9 million.
- DEG is making at least a new 3-day high.
- DEG has a PE ratio of 6.3.
- DEG is mentioned 0.39 times per day on StockTwits.
- DEG has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- DEG is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- DEG is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- DEG is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- DEG is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in DEG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for DEG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on DEG:
Etablissements Delhaize Freres et Cie 'Le Lion' (Groupe Delhaize) Societe Anonyme, together with its subsidiaries, operates food supermarkets. It also operates other store formats, including convenience, proximity, cash and carry, and specialty stores. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2%. DEG has a PE ratio of 6.3. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Delhaize Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Delhaize Group has been 74,200 shares per day over the past 30 days. Delhaize Group has a market cap of $7.7 billion and is part of the services sector and retail industry. Shares are up 6.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Delhaize Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, attractive valuation levels and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Looking at where the stock is today compared to one year ago, we find that it is not only higher, but it has also clearly outperformed the rise in the S&P 500 over the same period. Although other factors naturally played a role, the company's strong earnings growth was key. Looking ahead, unless broad bear market conditions prevail, we still see more upside potential for this stock, despite the fact that it has already risen over the past year.
- DELHAIZE GROUP - ETS DLHZ FR reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, DELHAIZE GROUP - ETS DLHZ FR increased its bottom line by earning $0.81 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.85 versus $0.81).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Food & Staples Retailing industry. The net income increased by 232.0% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from -$101.44 million to $133.93 million.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.50, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.71 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Delhaize Group Ratings Report.