Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Bona Film Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- BONA has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.7 million.
- BONA has traded 69.761200000000002319211489520967006683349609375 options contracts today.
- BONA is making at least a new 3-day high.
- BONA has a PE ratio of 97.
- BONA is mentioned 0.90 times per day on StockTwits.
- BONA has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- BONA is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- BONA is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- BONA is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- BONA is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in BONA with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for BONA NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on BONA:
Bona Film Group Limited, through its subsidiaries, operates as an integrated film company in the People's Republic of China and internationally. The company operates through four segments: Film Distribution, Film Investment and Production, Talent Agency, and Movie Theater. BONA has a PE ratio of 97. Currently there are no analysts that rate Bona Film Group a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Bona Film Group has been 341,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Bona Film Group has a market cap of $850.5 million and is part of the services sector and media industry. Shares are up 2.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Bona Film Group as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its solid stock price performance and expanding profit margins. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to its price level of one year ago, BONA is up 93.55% to its most recent closing price of 13.51. Looking ahead, our view is that this company's fundamentals should not have much impact in either direction, allowing the stock to generally move up or down based on the push and pull of the broad market.
- The gross profit margin for BONA FILM GROUP LTD -ADR is rather high; currently it is at 51.26%. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, BONA's net profit margin of 0.97% significantly trails the industry average.
- BONA, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 21.1%. The declining revenue appears to have seeped down to the company's bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
- Currently the debt-to-equity ratio of 1.80 is quite high overall and when compared to the industry average, suggesting that the current management of debt levels should be re-evaluated. To add to this, BONA has a quick ratio of 0.59, this demonstrates the lack of ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Media industry and the overall market, BONA FILM GROUP LTD -ADR's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Bona Film Group Ratings Report.