Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Astec Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ASTE has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $7.5 million.
- ASTE has traded 23.447800000000000864019966684281826019287109375 options contracts today.
- ASTE is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ASTE has a PE ratio of 34.
- ASTE is mentioned 1.58 times per day on StockTwits.
- ASTE has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ASTE is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ASTE is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ASTE is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ASTE is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ASTE with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ASTE NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ASTE:
Astec Industries, Inc. designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets equipment and components primarily for the road building, aggregate processing, geothermal, water, oil and gas, and wood processing industries in the United States and internationally. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.8%. ASTE has a PE ratio of 34. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Astec Industries a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Astec Industries has been 155,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Astec has a market cap of $1.2 billion and is part of the industrial goods sector and industrial industry. The stock has a beta of 1.03 and a short float of 3.5% with 5.01 days to cover. Shares are up 30.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Astec Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in net income, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, good cash flow from operations, solid stock price performance and growth in earnings per share. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had somewhat disappointing return on equity.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Machinery industry. The net income increased by 17.5% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $15.11 million to $17.74 million.
- ASTE's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.02 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.00, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 583.18% to $45.06 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -8.39%.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 27.65% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC has improved earnings per share by 18.5% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, ASTEC INDUSTRIES INC reported lower earnings of $1.42 versus $1.49 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.27 versus $1.42).
- You can view the full Astec Industries Ratings Report.