Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Live Nation Entertainment as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LYV has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.4 million.
- LYV is making at least a new 3-day high.
- LYV has a PE ratio of 657.2.
- LYV is mentioned 0.55 times per day on StockTwits.
- LYV has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- LYV is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- LYV is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- LYV is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- LYV is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LYV with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LYV NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LYV:
Live Nation Entertainment, Inc. operates as a live entertainment company. The company operates through Concerts, Ticketing, Artist Nation, and Sponsorship & Advertising segments. LYV has a PE ratio of 657.2. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Live Nation Entertainment a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Live Nation Entertainment has been 1.3 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Live Nation Entertainment has a market cap of $5.3 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 0.26 and a short float of 2.1% with 3.15 days to cover. Shares are up 32% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Live Nation Entertainment as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, solid stock price performance and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- LYV's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 10.6%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, LIVE NATION ENTERTAINMENT continued to lose money by earning -$0.23 versus -$0.87 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.06 versus -$0.23).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Media industry. The net income increased by 138.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $43.51 million to $103.97 million.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 122.72% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 35.81% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- Even though the current debt-to-equity ratio is 1.38, it is still below the industry average, suggesting that this level of debt is acceptable within the Media industry. Regardless of the somewhat mixed results with the debt-to-equity ratio, the company's quick ratio of 0.99 is weak.
- You can view the full Live Nation Entertainment Ratings Report.