Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Kimco Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- KIM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $85.5 million.
- KIM is making at least a new 3-day high.
- KIM has a PE ratio of 32.2.
- KIM is mentioned 1.39 times per day on StockTwits.
- KIM has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- KIM is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- KIM is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- KIM is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- KIM is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in KIM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for KIM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on KIM:
Kimco Realty Corporation is an independent real estate investment trust. The firm invests in the real estate markets across North America. It is primarily engaged in acquisitions, development, and management of neighborhood and community shopping centers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. KIM has a PE ratio of 32.2. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Kimco Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 9 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Kimco Realty has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Kimco has a market cap of $9.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.37 and a short float of 4.8% with 4.70 days to cover. Shares are up 23.3% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Kimco Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its increase in stock price during the past year, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and notable return on equity. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- KIMCO REALTY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, KIMCO REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.44 versus $0.27 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.67 versus $0.44).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry. The net income increased by 249.2% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $55.76 million to $194.71 million.
- 46.27% is the gross profit margin for KIMCO REALTY CORP which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 60.74% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- KIM, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 9.0%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 2.7%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- You can view the full Kimco Realty Ratings Report.