Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified CoreSite Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- COR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $9.1 million.
- COR is making at least a new 3-day high.
- COR has a PE ratio of 64.
- COR is mentioned 1.58 times per day on StockTwits.
- COR has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- COR is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- COR is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- COR is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- COR is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in COR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for COR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on COR:
CoreSite Realty Corporation engages in the ownership, acquisition, construction, and management of data centers. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.5%. COR has a PE ratio of 64. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate CoreSite Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 5 rate it a hold.
The average volume for CoreSite Realty has been 229,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. CoreSite has a market cap of $1.0 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 1.02 and a short float of 2.7% with 2.27 days to cover. Shares are up 20.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates CoreSite Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel its strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- COR's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.3%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- CORESITE REALTY CORP reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, CORESITE REALTY CORP increased its bottom line by earning $0.66 versus $0.50 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.84 versus $0.66).
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 38.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.82 million to $6.65 million.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $30.75 million or 15.12% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.10%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 61.53% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 53.13% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Looking ahead, the stock's sharp rise over the last year has already helped drive it to a level which is relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. We feel, however, that other strengths this company displays justify these higher price levels.
- You can view the full CoreSite Realty Ratings Report.