Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "storm the castle" (crossing above the 200-day simple moving average on higher than normal relative volume) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Harman International Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HAR has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $79.6 million.
- HAR has traded 1.0 million shares today.
- HAR is trading at 2.56 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- HAR crossed above its 200-day simple moving average.
'Storm the Castle' stocks are worth watching because trading stocks that begin to experience a breakout can lead to potentially massive profits. Once psychological and technical resistance barriers like the 200-day moving average are breached on higher than normal relative volume, the stock is then free to find new buyers and momentum traders who can ultimately push the stock significantly higher. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize on. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HAR with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HAR NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HAR:
Harman International Industries, Incorporated develops, manufactures, and markets audio products, lighting solutions, and electronic systems, as well as digitally integrated audio and infotainment systems for the automotive industry worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.3%. HAR has a PE ratio of 53.6. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Harman International Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Harman International Industries has been 796,300 shares per day over the past 30 days. Harman International has a market cap of $6.9 billion and is part of the consumer goods sector and consumer durables industry. The stock has a beta of 2.30 and a short float of 2.8% with 2.57 days to cover. Shares are up 23.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Harman International Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 6.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 22.2%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDS reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDS increased its bottom line by earning $3.36 versus $2.05 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.17 versus $3.36).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Household Durables industry. The net income increased by 687.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $5.49 million to $43.23 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 235.79% to $266.60 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, HARMAN INTERNATIONAL INDS has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.58%.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 675.00% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 33.70% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. We feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now somewhat expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The other strengths this company shows, however, justify the higher price levels.
- You can view the full Harman International Industries Ratings Report.