Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified NorthStar Asset Management Group as such a stock due to the following factors:
- NSAM has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $22.2 million.
- NSAM has traded 72,072 shares today.
- NSAM is down 3% today.
- NSAM was up 6.5% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in NSAM with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for NSAM NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on NSAM:
Northstar Asset Management Group Inc. provides asset management and other services in the United States and internationally. It also offers securitization transaction services. The company is based in New York, New York. Northstar Asset Management Group Inc. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.7%. NSAM has a PE ratio of 16. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate NorthStar Asset Management Group a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for NorthStar Asset Management Group has been 2.8 million shares per day over the past 30 days. NorthStar Asset Management Group has a market cap of $2.1 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are down 10.6% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates NorthStar Asset Management Group as a
. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been a generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- NSAM's stock share price has done very poorly compared to where it was a year ago: Despite any rallies, the net result is that it is down by 53.12%, which is also worse that the performance of the S&P 500 Index. Investors have so far failed to pay much attention to the earnings improvements the company has managed to achieve over the last quarter. Despite the heavy decline in its share price, this stock is still more expensive (when compared to its current earnings) than most other companies in its industry.
- NORTHSTAR ASSET MGMT GRP INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($1.04 versus $0.14).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Capital Markets industry. The net income increased by 119.7% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $18.74 million to $41.17 million.
- 36.36% is the gross profit margin for NORTHSTAR ASSET MGMT GRP INC which we consider to be strong. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 38.08% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 486.44% to $51.78 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, NORTHSTAR ASSET MGMT GRP INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -98.58%.
- You can view the full NorthStar Asset Management Group Ratings Report.