Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Himax Technologies as such a stock due to the following factors:
- HIMX has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.5 million.
- HIMX has traded 353,365 shares today.
- HIMX is down 3.1% today.
- HIMX was up 9.9% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in HIMX with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for HIMX NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on HIMX:
Himax Technologies, Inc., a fabless semiconductor company, provides display imaging processing technologies to consumer electronics worldwide. The company operates through Driver IC and Non-Driver Products segments. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. HIMX has a PE ratio of 22.2. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Himax Technologies a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Himax Technologies has been 3.4 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Himax has a market cap of $1.4 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 8.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Himax Technologies as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- HIMX's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 10.6%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 15.3%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.30, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, HIMX has a quick ratio of 1.51, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. But, we feel it is poised for EPS growth in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.35 versus $0.30 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.44 versus $0.35).
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, HIMAX TECHNOLOGIES INC has underperformed in comparison with the industry average, but has exceeded that of the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Himax Technologies Ratings Report.