Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "perilous reversal" (up big yesterday but down big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Springleaf Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- LEAF has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $41.0 million.
- LEAF has traded 70,013 shares today.
- LEAF is down 3.9% today.
- LEAF was up 32% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in LEAF with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for LEAF NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on LEAF:
Springleaf Holdings, LLC, through its subsidiaries, offers consumer finance and credit insurance products and services. The company provides personal loans secured by automobiles, consumer household goods, and other items of personal property; and unsecured loans. LEAF has a PE ratio of 7.6. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate Springleaf Holdings a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Springleaf Holdings has been 267,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Springleaf has a market cap of $4.4 billion and is part of the financial sector and financial services industry. Shares are up 5.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Springleaf Holdings as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its generally high debt management risk and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The debt-to-equity ratio is very high at 3.74 and currently higher than the industry average, implying increased risk associated with the management of debt levels within the company.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$18.88 million or 106.13% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- LEAF, with its decline in revenue, slightly underperformed the industry average of 7.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues fell by 16.5%. The declining revenue has not hurt the company's bottom line, with increasing earnings per share.
- This stock has increased by 41.50% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Despite the fact that the stock's value has already enjoyed nice gains in the past year, we feel that the risks surrounding an investment in this stock outweigh any potential future returns.
- SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. We feel that this trend should continue. This trend suggests that the performance of the business is improving. During the past fiscal year, SPRINGLEAF HOLDINGS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.18 versus -$1.94 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.04 versus -$0.18).
- You can view the full Springleaf Holdings Ratings Report.