Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified SouFun Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SFUN has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $26.6 million.
- SFUN has traded 989,575 shares today.
- SFUN is trading at 2.59 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SFUN is trading at a new low 5.06% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SFUN with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SFUN NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SFUN:
SouFun Holdings Limited operates a real estate Internet portal, and home furnishing and improvement Websites in the People's Republic of China. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 6.5%. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate SouFun Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for SouFun Holdings has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. SouFun has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the technology sector and internet industry. Shares are down 19.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates SouFun Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including feeble growth in the company's earnings per share, deteriorating net income and poor profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- SFUN's revenue growth has slightly outpaced the industry average of 21.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 30.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 97.7% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $60.99 million to $1.41 million.
- The gross profit margin for SOUFUN HLDGS LTD is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 25.70%. It has decreased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 0.56% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full SouFun Holdings Ratings Report.