Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sirius XM Holdings as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SIRI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $147.6 million.
- SIRI traded 6.6 million shares today in the pre-market hours as of 8:01 AM, representing 15.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SIRI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SIRI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SIRI:
Sirius XM Holdings Inc. provides satellite radio services in the United States and Canada. SIRI has a PE ratio of 57.5. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate Sirius XM Holdings a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sirius XM Holdings has been 47.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sirius XM has a market cap of $20.8 billion and is part of the services sector and media industry. The stock has a beta of 1.65 and a short float of 11.1% with 7.04 days to cover. Shares are down 1.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Sirius XM Holdings as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and expanding profit margins. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 12.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 11.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $251.39 million or 48.82% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 2.76%.
- The gross profit margin for SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC is rather high; currently it is at 60.86%. Regardless of SIRI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 9.42% trails the industry average.
- SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported flat earnings per share in the most recent quarter. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SIRIUS XM HOLDINGS INC reported lower earnings of $0.06 versus $0.53 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.08 versus $0.06).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the Media industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has decreased by 23.9% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, dropping from $123.60 million to $93.99 million.
- You can view the full Sirius XM Holdings Ratings Report.