Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a weak on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Siliconware Precision Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SPIL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.8 million.
- SPIL has traded 441,507 shares today.
- SPIL is trading at 7.10 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SPIL is trading at a new low 4.02% below yesterday's close.
'Weak on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as material stock news, analyst downgrades, insider selling, selling from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and traders are piling out of a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize (or avoid losses by trimming weak positions). In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPIL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPIL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SPIL:
Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. provides semiconductor packaging and testing services to semiconductor suppliers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.6%. SPIL has a PE ratio of 26.9. Currently there is 1 analyst that rates Siliconware Precision Industries a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Siliconware Precision Industries has been 686,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Siliconware Precision has a market cap of $5.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 16.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Siliconware Precision Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance and attractive valuation levels. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry average. The net income increased by 38.9% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $74.55 million to $103.57 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.0%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.35, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.32, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 41.66% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 41.03% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SPIL should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- You can view the full Siliconware Precision Industries Ratings Report.