Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Siliconware Precision Industries as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SPIL has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $4.9 million.
- SPIL has traded 105,588 shares today.
- SPIL is trading at 2.33 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SPIL is trading at a new high 3.13% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SPIL with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SPIL NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SPIL:
Siliconware Precision Industries Co., Ltd. provides semiconductor packaging and testing services to semiconductor suppliers worldwide. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.3%. SPIL has a PE ratio of 21.4. Currently there are no analysts that rate Siliconware Precision Industries a buy, 2 analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Siliconware Precision Industries has been 850,800 shares per day over the past 30 days. Siliconware Precision has a market cap of $4.2 billion and is part of the technology sector and electronics industry. Shares are up 12% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
rates Siliconware Precision Industries as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, increase in stock price during the past year, attractive valuation levels and compelling growth in net income. Although the company may harbor some minor weaknesses, we feel they are unlikely to have a significant impact on results.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.3%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- SPIL's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.30 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.11, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, reflecting both the market's overall trend during that period and the fact that the company's earnings growth has been robust. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Semiconductors & Semiconductor Equipment industry. The net income increased by 96.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $58.13 million to $114.20 million.
- You can view the full Siliconware Precision Industries Ratings Report.