Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market leader candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Shire as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SHPG has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $288.0 million.
- SHPG traded 56,314 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:28 AM.
- SHPG is up 2.5% today from yesterday's close.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SHPG with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SHPG NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SHPG:
Shire plc, a biopharmaceutical company, together with its subsidiaries, researches, develops, licenses, manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells pharmaceutical products. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 0.3%. SHPG has a PE ratio of 60.6. Currently there are 8 analysts that rate Shire a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Shire has been 728,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Shire has a market cap of $44.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 61% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Shire as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, solid stock price performance, notable return on equity, compelling growth in net income and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 17.8%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Compared to its closing price of one year ago, SHPG's share price has jumped by 98.23%, exceeding the performance of the broader market during that same time frame. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SHPG should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Pharmaceuticals industry and the overall market, SHIRE PLC's return on equity exceeds that of the industry average and significantly exceeds that of the S&P 500.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 255.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $64.80 million to $230.40 million.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 53.42% to $246.10 million when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 10.66%.
- You can view the full Shire Ratings Report.