Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a new lifetime high candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Schlumberger as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SLB has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $777.8 million.
- SLB has traded 63,306 shares today.
- SLB is trading at a new lifetime high.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SLB with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SLB NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SLB:
Schlumberger Limited, together with its subsidiaries, supplies technology, integrated project management, and information solutions to oil and gas exploration and production industries worldwide. It operates through three groups: Reservoir Characterization, Drilling, and Production. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1.5%. SLB has a PE ratio of 20.1. Currently there are 24 analysts that rate Schlumberger a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 1 rates it a hold.
The average volume for Schlumberger has been 5.5 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Schlumberger has a market cap of $141.7 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. The stock has a beta of 1.76 and a short float of 1% with 1.90 days to cover. Shares are up 18.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Schlumberger as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, solid stock price performance, impressive record of earnings per share growth and good cash flow from operations. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company shows low profit margins.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 11.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 6.3%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.31, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. To add to this, SLB has a quick ratio of 1.58, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- Powered by its strong earnings growth of 34.44% and other important driving factors, this stock has surged by 46.59% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the stock's future course, although almost any stock can fall in a broad market decline, SLB should continue to move higher despite the fact that it has already enjoyed a very nice gain in the past year.
- SCHLUMBERGER LTD has improved earnings per share by 34.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, SCHLUMBERGER LTD increased its bottom line by earning $5.11 versus $3.91 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($5.69 versus $5.11).
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1,635.00 million or 46.11% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow, SCHLUMBERGER LTD's average is still marginally south of the industry average growth rate of 49.55%.
- You can view the full Schlumberger Ratings Report.