Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sap as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SAP has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $95.0 million.
- SAP traded 126,109 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 9:20 AM, representing 10.6% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAP with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAP NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SAP:
SAP AG provides enterprise application software and software-related services worldwide. It offers products in applications, analytics, cloud, mobile, and database and technology categories. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 1%. SAP has a PE ratio of 20.8. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Sap a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 8 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sap has been 1.1 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sap has a market cap of $96.7 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Sap as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity and reasonable valuation levels. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Software industry average. The net income increased by 24.4% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $1,507.32 million to $1,874.66 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 10.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 4.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- SAP's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.23 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.03, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, SAP AG's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- You can view the full Sap Ratings Report.