Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sanofi as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SNY has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $81.8 million.
- SNY traded 217,644 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:48 AM, representing 12.9% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SNY with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SNY NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SNY:
Sanofi researches, develops, manufactures, and markets healthcare products. The company operates in three segments: Pharmaceuticals, Human Vaccines, and Animal Health. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.5%. SNY has a PE ratio of 28.1. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Sanofi a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sanofi has been 1.2 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Sanofi has a market cap of $141.4 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. Shares are up 0.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Friday.
rates Sanofi as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its revenue growth, reasonable valuation levels, compelling growth in net income, expanding profit margins and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 8.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 3.8%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Pharmaceuticals industry. The net income increased by 75.1% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $602.04 million to $1,054.28 million.
- The gross profit margin for SANOFI is rather high; currently it is at 60.33%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, SNY's net profit margin of 9.51% significantly trails the industry average.
- SNY's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.29 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. Although the company had a strong debt-to-equity ratio, its quick ratio of 0.81 is somewhat weak and could be cause for future problems.
- You can view the full Sanofi Ratings Report.