Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Sandstorm Gold as such a stock due to the following factors:
- SAND has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $3.2 million.
- SAND has traded 109,656 shares today.
- SAND is trading at 2.65 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- SAND is trading at a new high 5.16% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in SAND with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for SAND NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on SAND:
Sandstorm Gold Ltd., a resource-based company, focuses on acquiring gold and other precious metal purchase agreements and royalties from companies that have advanced stage development projects or operating mines. Currently there are 3 analysts that rate Sandstorm Gold a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Sandstorm Gold has been 700,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Sandstorm has a market cap of $363.1 million and is part of the basic materials sector and metals & mining industry. Shares are up 6.8% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
rates Sandstorm Gold as a
. The company's weaknesses can be seen in multiple areas, such as its unimpressive growth in net income, weak operating cash flow and generally disappointing historical performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Metals & Mining industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 363.5% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $2.08 million to -$5.47 million.
- The share price of SANDSTORM GOLD LTD has not done very well: it is down 18.31% and has underperformed the S&P 500, in part reflecting the company's sharply declining earnings per share when compared to the year-earlier quarter. The fact that the stock is now selling for less than others in its industry in relation to its current earnings is not reason enough to justify a buy rating at this time.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $8.23 million or 17.36% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite a decrease in cash flow SANDSTORM GOLD LTD is still fairing well by exceeding its industry average cash flow growth rate of -31.85%.
- The return on equity has improved slightly when compared to the same quarter one year prior. This can be construed as a modest strength in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, SANDSTORM GOLD LTD underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
- SANDSTORM GOLD LTD has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has not demonstrated a clear trend in earnings over the past 2 years, making it difficult to accurately predict earnings for the coming year. During the past fiscal year, SANDSTORM GOLD LTD turned its bottom line around by earning $0.10 versus -$0.79 in the prior year.
- You can view the full Sandstorm Gold Ratings Report.