Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Rubicon Project as such a stock due to the following factors:
- RUBI has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.9 million.
- RUBI has traded 102,104 shares today.
- RUBI is trading at 6.36 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- RUBI is trading at a new high 3.04% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in RUBI with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for RUBI NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on RUBI:
The Rubicon Project, Inc., a technology company, engages in automating the buying and selling of advertising. The company offers Advertising Automation Cloud, a technology platform that creates and powers a marketplace for the real time trading of digital advertising between buyers and sellers. Currently there are 6 analysts that rate Rubicon Project a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Rubicon Project has been 338,900 shares per day over the past 30 days. Rubicon Project has a market cap of $724.6 million and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 8.4% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates Rubicon Project as a
. Among the areas we feel are negative, one of the most important has been weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly decreased to -$7.44 million or 258.18% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing to the industry average, the firm's growth rate is much lower.
- The gross profit margin for RUBICON PROJECT INC is currently very high, coming in at 82.44%. Regardless of RUBI's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RUBI's net profit margin of -4.68% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- Compared to other companies in the Software industry and the overall market, RUBICON PROJECT INC's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- RUBI has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.42, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- This stock has increased by 46.28% over the past year, outperforming the rise in the S&P 500 Index during the same period. Regarding the future course of this stock, we feel that the risks involved in investing in RUBI do not compensate for any future upside potential, despite the fact that it has seen nice gains over the past 12 months.
- You can view the full Rubicon Project Ratings Report.