Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Retail Opportunity Investments as such a stock due to the following factors:
- ROIC has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $5.2 million.
- ROIC is making at least a new 3-day high.
- ROIC has a PE ratio of 70.8.
- ROIC is mentioned 0.45 times per day on StockTwits.
- ROIC has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- ROIC is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- ROIC is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- ROIC is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- ROIC is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in ROIC with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for ROIC NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on ROIC:
Retail Opportunity Investments Corp., a real estate investment trust (REIT), engages in the acquisition, ownership, and management of necessity-based community and neighborhood shopping centers in the eastern and western regions of the United States. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.9%. ROIC has a PE ratio of 70.8. Currently there are no analysts that rate Retail Opportunity Investments a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Retail Opportunity Investments has been 499,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. Retail Opportunity Investments has a market cap of $1.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. The stock has a beta of 0.57 and a short float of 8.9% with 13.99 days to cover. Shares are up 9.7% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Retail Opportunity Investments as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and increase in stock price during the past year. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had sub par growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 13.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 39.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $23.00 million or 47.43% when compared to the same quarter last year. The firm also exceeded the industry average cash flow growth rate of 4.53%.
- Compared to where it was a year ago today, the stock is now trading at a higher level, regardless of the company's weak earnings results. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP has experienced a steep decline in earnings per share in the most recent quarter in comparison to its performance from the same quarter a year ago. This company has reported somewhat volatile earnings recently. We feel it is likely to report a decline in earnings in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP increased its bottom line by earning $0.47 versus $0.15 in the prior year. For the next year, the market is expecting a contraction of 63.8% in earnings ($0.17 versus $0.47).
- The gross profit margin for RETAIL OPPORTUNITY INVTS CP is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 30.10%. Regardless of ROIC's low profit margin, it has managed to increase from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, the net profit margin of 16.51% trails the industry average.
- You can view the full Retail Opportunity Investments Ratings Report.