Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link
NEW YORK (
) has been downgraded by TheStreet Ratings from buy to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, reasonable valuation levels and good cash flow from operations. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including deteriorating net income and disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- RWC has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 3.52, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- Net operating cash flow has increased to $1.43 million or 36.54% when compared to the same quarter last year. Despite an increase in cash flow of 36.54%, RELM WIRELESS CORP is still growing at a significantly lower rate than the industry average of 89.19%.
- The company, on the basis of change in net income from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly underperformed when compared to that of the S&P 500 and the Communications Equipment industry. The net income has significantly decreased by 84.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.25 million to $0.20 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Communications Equipment industry and the overall market, RELM WIRELESS CORP's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
RELM Wireless Corporation engages in the design, manufacture, and marketing of wireless communications products in the United States and internationally. Its products include two-way land mobile radios, repeaters, base stations, and related components and subsystems. RELM Wireless has a market cap of $38.6 million and is part of the technology sector and telecommunications industry. Shares are up 69% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
Disclosure: TheStreet's editorial policy prohibits staff editors, reporters and analysts from holding positions in any individual stocks.