Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a buy with a ratings score of B . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures, notable return on equity, expanding profit margins and good cash flow from operations. Although no company is perfect, currently we do not see any significant weaknesses which are likely to detract from the generally positive outlook.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- REGN's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 5.4%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 315.9%. Growth in the company's revenue appears to have helped boost the earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.56, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with this, the company maintains a quick ratio of 4.84, which clearly demonstrates the ability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Biotechnology industry and the overall market, REGENERON PHARMACEUT's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- 49.50% is the gross profit margin for REGENERON PHARMACEUT which we consider to be strong. It has increased significantly from the same period last year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 44.80% significantly outperformed against the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 94.90% to -$2.38 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, REGENERON PHARMACEUT has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 19.75%.
Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc., a biopharmaceutical company, discovers, develops, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions in the United States. Regeneron has a market cap of $16.49 billion and is part of the health care sector and drugs industry. The company has a P/E ratio of 88.6, above the S&P 500 P/E ratio of 17.7. Shares are up 214.9% year to date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade