Editor's Note: TheStreet ratings do not represent the views of TheStreet's staff or its contributors. Ratings are established by computer based on metrics for performance (which includes growth, stock performance, efficiency and valuation) and risk (volatility and solvency). Companies with poor cash flow or high debt levels tend to earn lower ratings in our model.
NEW YORK (
) has been reiterated by TheStreet Ratings as a hold with a ratings score of C . The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its good cash flow from operations, expanding profit margins and increase in stock price during the past year. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including unimpressive growth in net income, generally higher debt management risk and disappointing return on equity.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 77.85% to $178.18 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, RANGE RESOURCES CORP has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of -15.36%.
- The gross profit margin for RANGE RESOURCES CORP is rather high; currently it is at 69.20%. Regardless of RRC's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, RRC's net profit margin of -18.20% significantly underperformed when compared to the industry average.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.25 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with this, the company manages to maintain a quick ratio of 0.22, which clearly demonstrates the inability to cover short-term cash needs.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Oil, Gas & Consumable Fuels industry and the overall market, RANGE RESOURCES CORP's return on equity significantly trails that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
Range Resources Corporation operates as an independent natural gas, natural gas liquids (NGLs), and oil company. It engages in the acquisition, exploration, and development of natural gas and oil properties primarily in the Appalachian and southwestern regions of the United States. Range has a market cap of $10.98 billion and is part of the basic materials sector and energy industry. Shares are up 9% year to date as of the close of trading on Tuesday.
You can view the full
or get investment ideas from our
--Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff.
Holiday Special: Subscribe to Action Alerts PLUS to see how Jim Cramer trades his $2.5 Million+ portfolio for 51% off the list price. Your first 14-days are FREE: Sign up today to get e-mail alerts before every trade