Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a "dead cat bounce" (down big yesterday but up big today) candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Qualys as such a stock due to the following factors:
- QLYS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $35.6 million.
- QLYS has traded 193,998 shares today.
- QLYS is up 3.2% today.
- QLYS was down 8.4% yesterday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QLYS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QLYS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on QLYS:
Qualys, Inc. provides cloud security and compliance solutions in the United States and internationally. QLYS has a PE ratio of 52. Currently there are 5 analysts that rate Qualys a buy, 1 analyst rates it a sell, and 4 rate it a hold.
The average volume for Qualys has been 767,600 shares per day over the past 30 days. Qualys has a market cap of $1.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. The stock has a beta of -0.59 and a short float of 9.1% with 2.83 days to cover. Shares are up 24.2% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Wednesday.
rates Qualys as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures and notable return on equity. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including premium valuation and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.2%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 23.5%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- QLYS has no debt to speak of therefore resulting in a debt-to-equity ratio of zero, which we consider to be a relatively favorable sign. To add to this, QLYS has a quick ratio of 1.81, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- The gross profit margin for QUALYS INC is currently very high, coming in at 87.25%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, QLYS's net profit margin of 8.00% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $10.03 million or 33.49% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full Qualys Ratings Report.