Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a pre-market mover with heavy volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified QTS Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- QTS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $10.4 million.
- QTS traded 177,676 shares today in the pre-market hours as of 7:49 AM, representing 79.1% of its average daily volume.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QTS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QTS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on QTS:
QTS Realty Trust, Inc. focuses on the ownership, development, and operation of carrier-neutral data centers in the United States. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 3.1%. QTS has a PE ratio of 86. Currently there are 7 analysts that rate QTS Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 2 rate it a hold.
The average volume for QTS Realty has been 297,000 shares per day over the past 30 days. QTS has a market cap of $1.9 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 3.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates QTS Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, good cash flow from operations and solid stock price performance. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including disappointing return on equity, poor profit margins and unimpressive growth in net income.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QTS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 7.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 55.6%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- Net operating cash flow has significantly increased by 64.89% to $36.94 million when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, QTS REALTY TRUST INC has also vastly surpassed the industry average cash flow growth rate of 3.64%.
- QTS REALTY TRUST INC's earnings per share declined by 31.3% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. Stable earnings per share over the past year indicate the company has sound management over its earnings and share float. However, the consensus estimates suggest that there will be an upward trend in the coming year. During the past fiscal year, QTS REALTY TRUST INC increased its bottom line by earning $0.53 versus $0.52 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.59 versus $0.53).
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. In comparison to the other companies in the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry and the overall market, QTS REALTY TRUST INC's return on equity is significantly below that of the industry average and is below that of the S&P 500.
- The gross profit margin for QTS REALTY TRUST INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 4.96% significantly trails the industry average.
- You can view the full QTS Realty Ratings Report.