Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong and under the radar candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified QTS Realty as such a stock due to the following factors:
- QTS has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $15.9 million.
- QTS has traded 31.910399999999999209876477834768593311309814453125 options contracts today.
- QTS is making at least a new 3-day high.
- QTS has a PE ratio of 94.
- QTS is mentioned 0.94 times per day on StockTwits.
- QTS has not yet been mentioned on StockTwits today.
- QTS is currently in the upper 20% of its 1-year range.
- QTS is in the upper 35% of its 20-day range.
- QTS is in the upper 45% of its 5-day range.
- QTS is currently trading above yesterday's high.
'Strong and Under the Radar' stocks tend to be worthwhile stocks to watch for a variety of factors including historical back testing and price action. Market technicians refer to such stocks as being in an accumulation phase before a mark-up and peak. Traders and hedge funds have frequently found that these types of stocks continue to build a solid price base and then ultimately spike higher and peak when others 'discover' how good the stock is performing. By leveraging the social discovery aspect of StockTwits we are highlighting stocks that don't currently receive much attention from retail investors, but we suspect may soon garner more attention.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QTS with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QTS NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on QTS:
QTS Realty Trust, Inc. focuses on the ownership, development, and operation of carrier-neutral data centers in the United States. The company was founded in 2013 and is headquartered in Overland Park, Kansas. The stock currently has a dividend yield of 2.8%. QTS has a PE ratio of 94. Currently there are 4 analysts that rate QTS Realty a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and 3 rate it a hold.
The average volume for QTS Realty has been 487,100 shares per day over the past 30 days. QTS has a market cap of $2.5 billion and is part of the financial sector and real estate industry. Shares are up 14.1% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Thursday.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: See inside Jim Cramer's multi-million dollar charitable trust portfolio to see the stocks he thinks could be potential winners. Click here to see his holdings for 14-days FREE.
rates QTS Realty as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, compelling growth in net income and growth in earnings per share. However, as a counter to these strengths, we also find weaknesses including poor profit margins and weak operating cash flow.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QTS's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 11.9%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 54.4%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The company, on the basis of net income growth from the same quarter one year ago, has significantly outperformed against the S&P 500 and exceeded that of the Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs) industry average. The net income increased by 44.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $4.08 million to $5.89 million.
- Investors have apparently begun to recognize positive factors similar to those we have mentioned in this report, including earnings growth. This has helped drive up the company's shares by a sharp 42.75% over the past year, a rise that has exceeded that of the S&P 500 Index. Setting our sights on the months ahead, however, we feel that the stock's sharp appreciation over the last year has driven it to a price level which is now relatively expensive compared to the rest of its industry. The implication is that its reduced upside potential is not good enough to warrant further investment at this time.
- The gross profit margin for QTS REALTY TRUST INC is currently lower than what is desirable, coming in at 34.41%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 6.21% significantly trails the industry average.
- Net operating cash flow has decreased to $11.98 million or 14.06% when compared to the same quarter last year. In addition, when comparing the cash generation rate to the industry average, the firm's growth is significantly lower.
- You can view the full QTS Realty Ratings Report.