Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link.
Trade-Ideas LLC identified
) as a strong on high relative volume candidate. In addition to specific proprietary factors, Trade-Ideas identified Qihoo 360 Technology as such a stock due to the following factors:
- QIHU has an average dollar-volume (as measured by average daily share volume multiplied by share price) of $176.8 million.
- QIHU has traded 301,707 shares today.
- QIHU is trading at 2.01 times the normal volume for the stock at this time of day.
- QIHU is trading at a new high 4.01% above yesterday's close.
'Strong on High Relative Volume' stocks are worth watching because major volume moves tend to indicate underlying activity such as M&A events, material stock news, analyst upgrades, insider buying, buying from 'superinvestors,' or that hedge funds and momentum traders are piling into a stock ahead of a catalyst. Regardless of the impetus behind the price and volume action, when a stock moves with strength and volume it can indicate the start of a new trend on which early investors can capitalize. In the event of a well-timed trading opportunity, combining technical indicators with fundamental trends and a disciplined trading methodology should help you take the first steps towards investment success.
EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Get the inside scoop on opportunities in QIHU with the Ticky from Trade-Ideas. See the FREE profile for QIHU NOW at Trade-Ideas
More details on QIHU:
Qihoo 360 Technology Co. Ltd. provides Internet and mobile security products and services in the People's Republic of China. QIHU has a PE ratio of 66.2. Currently there are 9 analysts that rate Qihoo 360 Technology a buy, no analysts rate it a sell, and none rate it a hold.
The average volume for Qihoo 360 Technology has been 3.6 million shares per day over the past 30 days. Qihoo 360 Technology has a market cap of $8.6 billion and is part of the technology sector and computer software & services industry. Shares are down 16.9% year-to-date as of the close of trading on Monday.
rates Qihoo 360 Technology as a
. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its robust revenue growth, impressive record of earnings per share growth, compelling growth in net income, notable return on equity and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. We feel these strengths outweigh the fact that the company has had lackluster performance in the stock itself.
Highlights from the ratings report include:
- QIHU's very impressive revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 28.5%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues leaped by 109.6%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR has improved earnings per share by 15.4% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past two years. We feel that this trend should continue. During the past fiscal year, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR increased its bottom line by earning $0.76 versus $0.40 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($2.48 versus $0.76).
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry average. The net income increased by 18.6% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, going from $33.00 million to $39.12 million.
- Current return on equity exceeded its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a clear sign of strength within the company. Compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, QIHOO 360 TECHNOLGY CO -ADR's return on equity exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- QIHU's debt-to-equity ratio of 0.69 is somewhat low overall, but it is high when compared to the industry average, implying that the management of the debt levels should be evaluated further. Despite the fact that QIHU's debt-to-equity ratio is mixed in its results, the company's quick ratio of 2.22 is high and demonstrates strong liquidity.
- You can view the full Qihoo 360 Technology Ratings Report.